Thurs, May 19 6pm – 8pm School’s almost out and we’re helping our friends at the Second Harvest Food Bank get ready for summer! We’ll meet at Second Harvest’s location on Thurs May 19, 6-8p to clean and stock shelves. There are 14 slots available. Children must be over the age of 13 and all volunteers must wear closed toed shoes.
Please note that the event starts promptly at 6:00 PM. For security reasons, the doors will be locked at 6:15 PM.
Contact Suzanne Cowden ’85 know if you can make it at email@example.com.
Important Reminders – Please read:
- This shift is for volunteers ages 13 and older. Age 13 – 16 must have an adult age 21 or older with them during the entire shift and all must be scheduled. Sorry no younger siblings will be permitted to participate. Youth Groups must have 1 adult per 4 youth. Youth Groups that do not follow instructions or safety procedures, will be asked to leave immediately and will not be able to register for future dates.
- Attire: Closed Toe Shoes are required to enter our building. You will not be permitted to volunteer in sandals, flip flops or an injury type of foot boot as you will be in our working warehouse. Please wear comfortable clothing. No controversial wear. During colder days, a light jacket or sweatshirt is best. During warmer months, shorts of a respectful length are permitted. Earbuds are not permitted for safety reasons No weapons of any kind is permitted inside our building
- Latecomers: Project instructions are given at the beginning of each shift. Anyone arriving 15 minutes late will be asked to reschedule. We do need to enforce the cut-off time as it hurts our production if our staff has to go over the instructions for the second time to latecomers. Arriving 10-15 minutes early will give you time to sign-in, make a name tag and use the restroom if needed.
- REQUIREMENTS: Standing during the shift is required, Bending and light lifting is necessary. All volunteers must be able to perform all tasks on their own.
- Food & Drink: No outside food or drinks of any kind are permitted in our building. Volunteer Stations in the warehouse will have bottled water for our volunteers.
- Sickness: If you are showing any signs of being sick, please stay home. If you do arrive and we feel that it is best that you are not around food or other volunteers, we will ask you to leave. Thank you for understanding.
- Waiver – Our sign-in sheet includes our SHFB waiver so there is no need to have your group sign anything before they arrive.
- Location: 500-B Spratt Street, Charlotte 28206. (Crisis Assistance is next to us and they are 500-A)
- Parking: You may park in our parking lot (left side of our building), gravel lot across from the food bank, in our neighbor’s parking lot (Crisis Assistance Ministry) or in the street (no meters). Please note that you may park on the outside of the circle only. Do not park where signs are located that say “No Parking” posted on the inside of the circle or in our staff parking lot as your car may be towed.
- Entrance: Please go to the parking lot on the left side of our building, go towards the back of our building and you will see a ramp with doors that are marked entrance.
- Purses/Valuables: Please leave valuables at home or lock in your car trunk. We do not have lockers to store purses and are not responsible for any lost items that may fall into a bin while you are sorting.
- Zero Tolerance Policy: Anyone putting candy, snacks or any other item into their pocket, will be asked to leave and will not be able to volunteer for any future dates. If the individual is with a group, the entire group will be asked to leave and not be able to attend in the future. We strongly enforce this policy.
- Covid-19 – A mask must be worn over your mouth and nose during your volunteer shift. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you upon entering our building. We also provide disposable gloves.
May 19, 2022
6:00 pm — 8:00 pm
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina 500 Spratt St B, Charlotte, NC 28206, USA